- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to appointment time.
- Allow 1 1/2 hours for this exam.
- BE VERY SLEEPY WHEN REPORTING FOR THIS TEST.
- ADULTS & CHILDREN SHOULD STAY UP UNTIL MIDNIGHT THE NIGHT BEFORE AND GET UP AT 4:00 AM THE MORNING OF THE EEG.
- INFANTS– THE PARENTS SHOULD ARRANGE THEIR REST SO THEY ARE SLEEPY WHEN THEY COME IN. DO NOT PERMIT THEM TO SLEEP ON THE WAY IN. WE SUGGEST KEEPING THE CHILD UP LATE AND GETTING HIM UP VERY EARLY THE DAY OF THE TEST. BRING A BOTTLE, DIAPERS AND FAVORITE TOY OR BLANKET
- MEALS – EAT NORMALLY
- NO CAFFEINE
- MEDICATIONS – CONTINUE REGULAR MEDICINES
- HAIR – NO OILS, GREASE, HAIR SPRAY AND NO TEASING HAIR
- BRING A LIST OF YOUR CURRENT MEDICATIONS, INCLUDING OVER THE COUNTER AND HERBALS.
Please be sure you bring the physician order with you on the day of your exam or have your physician fax it to: 217-479-5875
If you have any questions regarding your test or appointment time or need to reschedule, please call Central Scheduling at 217-479-5696.
The Central Scheduling Department hours are Monday – Friday 8am – 5:00pm.
Download EEG Preperation PDF