Great Things Come from All Gifts – Large and Small.
Passavant Area Hospital has been built on and continues to thrive because of the generous support we receive. These donations have allowed us to continually update our equipment, provide new services, and establish new healthcare programs for our patients and for the communities we serve.
We are fortunate to have so many supporters in our service area who have followed in the footsteps of our very first benefactor Mrs. Eliza Ayers, who in 1875 donated the property on East State Street to Reverend William Passavant.
We hope you will consider the Passavant Area Hospital Foundation in your annual giving plans. The following are examples of a number of giving opportunities.
- Annual Giving Fund – Friends $100-$249, Health Builder $250-$499, Passavant Club $500-$999, and Founder’s Club $1,000 or more.
- Memorial Gifts – a gift in memory of loved ones or friends.
- Designated Gifts – a gift to a specific department or fund.
- Recognition Gifts – a gift to commemorate a special anniversary or birthday.
- Will or Living Trust – after providing for family members, you can leave a specific amount, or percentage, to the hospital.
- Gift of farm land or home – Passavant is the proud recipient of 17 tracts of farm land. The land is farmed and the income used for the benefit of the hospital.
Click here for information about PLANNED GIVING.
Special Giving Opportunities:
- Plaques – Plaques are a lasting remembrance. The donor wall in the Lobby hallway has a number of plaques of annual and major donors displayed.
- Tribute Garden Bricks – Engraved bricks in memory or in honor of a friend or loved one can be put in the Tribute Garden for $100 per brick.
- MRI/Rehabilitation Services Buildings – Plaques were placed in the entrance of each building after completion. A lasting remembrance for loved ones, friends, and supporters can be seen in the entry of each new facility. Names are included for $100 each.
- Passavant Memorial Christmas Tree Gift Tags – The annual Memorial Christmas tree is set up in the hospital Lobby the end of November. Gift boxes hang on the tree with gift tags remembering loved ones or friends. A gift tag may be added to the tree for $10. The proceeds from the Memorial Tree goes to the Chaplain’s Assistance Fund.
- Charitable Gift Annuity – There are several charitable gift techniques available, such as a Charitable Gift Annuity. A gift annuity lets you make a substantial gift to Passavant Hospital while arranging for a supplement to your income to continue as long as you and/or your spouse should live. Check with your financial adviser or attorney for suggestions that will work best for you and your family.
If you would like to make a tax deductible donation to Passavant Area Hospital, please complete and mail your donor form and donation to:
Passavant Area Hospital Foundation
1600 West Walnut
Jacksonville, IL 62650
You may also donate on-line.
All charitable gifts contributed to the Passavant Foundation are used exclusively for the benefit of your community hospital. To learn more about how you can support Passavant Area Hospital or if you have questions about any of the giving opportunities, please contact Pam Martin, Executive Director, 217-479-5575.