- About Us
- Patient & Visitor
- Community Outreach
The Auxiliary’s latest fundraiser was the Books and Products Fair March 6.
Founded in 1896, the mission of the Passavant Hospital Auxiliary is to advance and promote the welfare of Passavant Area Hospital through ways approved by the Passavant Hospital Board of Directors.
This is accomplished by:
· Interpreting to the public the functions, services, and needs of the hospital;
· Providing services to the hospital and its patients;
· Raising funds in a manner satisfactory to the Board of Directors of the Hospital and in harmony with the planning of the community.
The Auxiliary serves a three-fold purpose:
· To provide scholarships for employees seeking to further healthcare training;
· To purchase needed items requested by various hospital departments;
· To offer various outreach services and programs to support and promote Passavant Hospital in Jacksonville and the surrounding community.
Since 1953, an Annual Auxiliary Holiday Bazaar is held each year in November. Currently there are 11 areas, including the Antique Boutique, Auxiliary Gift Shop, Children’s Breakfast with Santa, Cookbook, Deaconess Tea, Florals/Gift Gallery/Wreaths, Food Pantry, Frozen Foods, Local Vendors, Luncheon, and Raffle Packages.
Book, jewelry, sportswear, and uniform sales are held throughout the year, offering quality items at special prices.
The Gift Shop:
Opening in 1951, as a major financial endeavor of the Auxiliary, this has to be one of the best-kept secrets in Jacksonville! The Shop speaks for itself as it houses some of the finest gifts and greeting card selections in town.
The Auxiliary is committed to promoting education. Many scholarships are granted to employees working toward advanced healthcare degrees. If they meet the criteria and the funds are available, full-time, part-time and per diem employees may apply for $700 scholarships up to three times per year.
One of the Auxiliary’s major purposes is to help support various departments of the hospital with their needs. Items purchased in the last year include:
• Stress echocardiography system
• Paramedic vehicle
• Audio/video system for meeting rooms
• Lifeline vehicle
• 4 Physio-Control Life pak 500 AED Mobile Responders for Rehab Services/Team Rehab
• Recumbent Cross Trainer for Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehabilitation
• 2 Glide Scopes for the Emergency Department and Operating Room
• 60 Flat screen TV’s for patient rooms
• iPads with iTunes for Speech Therapy Department
• C-arm portable X-ray unit for Surgical Department
Outreach Services and Programs
Central Illinois Community Blood Bank:
Auxiliary members coordinate with the CICBB to encourage participation in the Blood Bank and report on donors at the monthly Board meetings.
Mini-medical days are held to provide education for area second graders by offering tours of the hospital. Board members attend the Illinois Hospital Association (IHA) Volunteer Leadership Conference to support, enhance and expand hospital volunteerism.
Co-chairs provide information on pertinent state and federal legislation concerning medical issues affecting healthcare and hospitals and encourage membership in the IHA Political Action Committee.
Representatives from outlying communities (Alexander/Franklin/Waverly, Arenzville/Concord/Chapin, Greenfield/Roodhouse, Meredosia, and Murrayville/Woodson) serve on the Board to keep them in the Passavant “loop.”
Newsletters are prepared and mailed and/or e-mailed to all members at least four times a year to keep everyone informed about the Auxiliary’s activities and to advertise special events, sales and dues renewal.
Enter your information to receive the Passavant Auxiliary Newsletter:
Membership is a valuable asset to the Auxiliary in both revenue and service.
· The membership year runs from January 1 to December 31.
· Membership chairs are available at the annual Bazaar to renew or accept new memberships.
· Membership is open to any person interested in the mission of Passavant Area Hospital.
· There are three categories of membership: annual, life, and married couple life.
· Any member in good standing shall have the right to vote at the annual May meeting.
· Any member may participate in meetings and the affairs of the Auxiliary.
· Any member may be nominated to serve on the Auxiliary Board and to hold office.
· Membership is open to both women and men.
· Gift cards are available for gift memberships.
If you want to join the Passavant Auxiliary, return the membership application and dues to:
Passavant Area Hospital
1600 West Walnut
Jacksonville, IL 62650