Procedures to Solve Problems

The entire staff of the Transitional Care Unit is dedicated to providing the finest quality care available to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We welcome your comments and suggestions to better meet this goal. In the event that you are not satisfied with the care or any other aspect of your stay, we would like to suggest you contact the following members of our staff:

Primary Care Nurse

The nurse assigned to your care will make every effort to correct problems you may have. Please address any concerns, problems, or complaints directly with this individual.

Nurse Manager

If your primary care nurse has not resolved the problem to your satisfaction, please ask to see the Nurse Manager or call 217-245-9541, extension 3100.

Clinical Director

If your concern has still not been addressed adequately, please ask to see the Clinical Director of the Transitional Care Unit or call 217-245-9541, extension 3120.

After following this procedure, if you still feel your problem has not been adequately addressed, you have the right to contact any of the following agencies and report your concern:

  • Ombudsman Program, Long-term Care Ombudsman Program – 800-842-8538
  • Office for Civil Rights, Department of Health & Human Services – 217-492-4373
  • Department of Health, Illinois Department of Public Health – 217-782-7412