Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) uses a pressurized chamber to increase the amount of oxygen in the blood. It is a noninvasive and painless procedure where air pressure is increased and allows your lungs to take in more oxygen. This results in your blood taking more oxygen to your tissues resulting in healing wounds more quickly. HBO Treatments take two hours per session and are offered daily, Monday-Friday. Most patients receive 30-40 sessions.
Passavant Area Hospital had a spacious, multi-place chamber, the only one of its kind in central Illinois. It is ideal for those who suffer from claustrophobia.
What issues can benefit from Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Ulcers of the lower extremities
- Acute peripheral arterial insufficiency
- Acute traumatic peripheral ischemia
- Compromised skin grafts
- Progressive necrotizing infections
- Chronic refractory osteomyelitis
- Soft tissue radionecrosis
- Crush injuries
- Gas gangrene
- Idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss
For more information on our wound treatments, please contact 217-479-5769.